Jan 17, 2021
How-To: Make Cannabis Infused Hunny
Oh HUNNY! Who’s ready to make cannabis infused hunny?
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of honey
- 3.5 grams of decarboxylated cannabis
Directions for making a cannabis infusion with hunny
- Decarb the cannabis. Pick up your favourite cannabis flower from any of our locations. Begin by preheating your oven to 245ºF. Place the flower on a non-stick, oven-safe tray…to ensure it doesn’t stick you can cover the trap with parchment paper. Once heated to the 245ºF, place the tray into the oven and set a timer for 30-40 minutes. Every 10-12 minutes, give the tray a little shake to mix up the flower to ensure they are getting heated evenly
- Grad a sauce pan and combine the cannabis and honey and gently heat on the stove top.
- Maintain low heat and let the mixture simmer for a minimum of 40 minutes. Ensure to never bring the mixture to a full boil.
- After the 40 minute mark, strain the hunny. Grab a funnel and place it on the top of a jar and line it with a cheesecloth. Once the hunny has completely cooled off, pour it over the cheesecloth funnel and allow it to strain freely.
Store the hunny in an air tight jar and in a cool dark place for 1-2 months max.
Start Low. Go Slow.
Dose carefully. We always suggest starting low and going slow. Finding the best dose to take is an individualized process. The dosage will depend on a myriad of factors including why you’re taking it, your personal physiology, endocannabinoid system, and sensitivity.
The well-used adage of “start low and go slow” is a good one because you ideally want to take the lowest possible dose that provides the effects you’re after. Going slow means slowly increasing the dose until you reach the desired effect, giving your body at least a few days to adjust to the change in dose and to observe its effect.